Monday, September 13, 2010

Week 2 in La Liga! and college football, and NFL season begins!

Hello Everyone! Hope you are doing fine, I know I am. My girlfriend came to visit me from George Mason University. We spent all weekend together, but that didn't stop me from watching my favorite sports!
One more week on La Liga has concluded.
Exciting and surprising week this was for La Liga. Let's start with our archenemies Barcelona and their first loss of the season! Yes, shocker one since they were playing the humble team of Hercules FC. Hercules is a team that bumped up this season from the second division, so that tells you that they are a new, young, and humble team. 0-2 was the result for Hercules. Real Madrid started their game knowing this result from Barcelona, so they knew they had to win no matter what; and that's exactly what they did. 1-0 was the result for "Los Merengues" (Real Madrid). Tough game it was, like I said on the last post. Osasuna is always a tough team to play, as it was proven the whole match. Ricardo Carvalho the goal scorer, odd since he is the central back defender; that shows you how much it took for Madrid to win. 4 points for Madrid while Barcelona has 3. The quest for La Liga is going to be fun to watch, a lot of small and humble teams are playing very well (watch for Atletico!).

NFL has started!! Yes, I am very excited since I did really good on my NFL fantasy team! Eli Manning gave me a lot of points, even though he had 3 interceptions! Also, the Redskins won!! It was a real thriller, since it had to go until the last three seconds to see who was the winner! Good game for the skins, defense was their strongest asset.  The best thing was that... well they beat their archenemies, the Dallas Cowboys!
ODU football team also had a awesome weekend! They beat Campbell College, on the road. While the score implies that ODU had it easy game, it wasn't so since there is no easy game in football.
Well, all I can say is that this weekend was awesome!. I got to see my girl, and all of my teams won this weekend! I can't ask for more.
This week The Champions League starts. This is the most prestigious championship for soccer clubs in Europe. Real Madrid is the team that has won the most of these cups, but they won their last one on 2002; so, it has been a while. Real Madrid will be playing Ajax FC on the start for the 10th champions league quest! We'll hope for the best!
'Till next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment